Tuesday, April 5, 2011

This is Happening.

I never thought I would make a blog, but here I am. My name is Ellery. I grew up in Hood River, Oregon. I am currently living in Salt Lake City, Utah. I am going to school and working.



Okay, so why am I making a blog? Well, let me tell you. If you have ever been to Hood River you would know it is quite the active little town. Like most girls I played with Barbies, went shopping with my sister, and was friends with the cheerleaders. Unlike most little girls I grew up with three little brothers, a very adventurous mother, and became an avid freestyle snowboarder.



To this day I love snowboarding, but have dabbled in a few other outdoor activities. I've been able to enjoy whitewater kayaking, rafting, biking, wake boarding, skateboarding, windsurfing, kiteboarding, surfing, and hiking. Throughout my adventures I have noticed there is a serious lacking of the female presence. Which is so sad, because it is so fun! And it's not like we're not capable. On the occasion I am in a gym, it is filled with the fittest women. So this is my attempt to get girls up and out. Up off the couch and out of the gym!



Now don't get me wrong, I am not some butch woman's right's activist. I love to cook and am pretty dang good at cleaning. With that said, I like clothes. And make-up. Hair. Getting a pedicure. And shoes!



This will be my blog. No pink flowers here.  With all of my favorite things! I will post about the happenings in the snowboarding world, my pictures and stories from my latest adventure, and my newest fashion discovery!

So here it is! Come and get it.

Love,
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment